Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ta hell with darkness. Have ya changed one in the rain and had to crawl under to drag out the spare? Oh, yeah. That was in the dark. On the AlCan.

Nothin scares me anymore! 🤣💪

How 'bout this one: I also was driving the Alcan once in about '91. I came upon a group of stinkin' hippies sitting on the side of the road, next to their schitty VW bus, heads in hands, looking forlorn. I stop, get out and I said: what's up SchitBags? They said (in that hippie voice) Man! we lost our driveshaft! I said well, did you look for it? They said yeah, we couldn't find it. So I walked back down the Alcan about 25 yards and lo and behold - there it was sitting in the middle of road! Miraculously, they had a spare set of u-joints, so I set about reinstalling the drive shaft and they were good to go. They were fawning all over me and wanted to give me psychedelic mushrooms in payment. I refused and was on my way. Crazy, stinkin' hippies. I probably saved their lives that day - They likely would have rotted in place or a bear would have et 'em, if I hadn't come along.
Wow, man! Ya shoulda stayed longer. We got soooo stoned, man!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender