Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Many years ago my new young wife and I had a bunch of family over for dinner. A bowl of something needed heating up so she took it off the table and stuck it in the oven for 15 min. When she brought it back, she held it with hotpads while I dished some out. HOLY HELL! She'd left the spoon in it in the oven. My hand got roasted.

Way back when I was welding every day my wife had something in the oven and she could not find the hot pad holders. She started panicking and started the girly wining.
I told her to get out of my way. I opened the oven door reached in and grabbed the pot that dinner was cooking in.
I then picked it up and set it on top of the stove
It may have taken me 5 seconds.
So then she literally freaked out and told me how stupid I was because now she had to take me to the emergency room for burns on my hands.
I then turned my hands over and said what burns. My hands were fine not even any red from any heat rash.

She just looked at me with those devil eyes that women's get.

I then explained to her that my hands are on fire all day from the heavy welding that I do for a living pulling that pot out of the oven was nothing more than I do every day all day.

She still looked at me with the devil eyes.

I can not do that now my hands have turned soft over the years of not welding every day.

Last edited by funshooter; 06/24/22.