Saw the Mexicans and the Indians in SoCal get into a good one in my local hangout place in SoCal.

I was raking the poolballs into a pocket so they couldn't be used as weapons when a sorta large Indian fella from across the table picked up a bar stool to throw at me.. I put on my best "crazy eyes", and back then I had a really good set, and told him he might not wanna do that. He put the stool down and went after someone else.

After a minute or three of shenanigans, the barman reached under the bar and told a customer down that end to yell "the barkeep has a gun". That got the Injuns to splittin' real fast like. I went to check on my Mexican buddy, saw arterial blood squirting out his back when I lifted his shirt to see what was leakin'. Asked the barman to bring me some clean towels, got Jose or whatever his name was down on the floor and applied pressure until the EMS showed up.

Turns out he had a penknife stab in a kidney. We had to go to court to testify, the Injuns got off clean as no one could actually identify the stabber as it was a bit chaotic as things were rockin' and rollin'.

I don't miss the fun.

I've got another crazy eyes story for another time. It was sorta funny.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?