Been close to twenty years since I felt the need to hit anyone. Even before that, it wasn’t ever my first inclination. I fought damn near every guy in school coming up, because I was always the smallest kid in the place for my age, until the last couple years. When I was sixteen, put a kid in the hospital for three days. He was a piece of work, already been in trouble for stealing cars and other stuff, and we were watching the younger kids play basketball. He told me he liked my little sister, who was 11 at the time. This kid was my age, so that didn’t go over well. Then he adds that he likes girls before they get tits. They pulled me off him at some point. I was home schooled the last bit of high school.

Then I hit the real world. The few fights I got into as an adult were over quick. Most people are done as soon as you hurt them even a little. I consider myself lucky that I never found someone that wasn’t like that. When I turned 21, I started carrying a handgun, and that really put a damper on getting into fights. You can start a fight how you want, but once you do that, it is not always up to you how it ends. I did not want to add a handgun to that mix. Now that I am older, the few times I have had to call someone out, they chilled out quick. Maybe they don’t want to be seen beating on an old man.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 07/02/22.