Last one I recall, back about '89 or so in Germany. A bar thing. Went outside to grab a pack of smokes from the car. Upon exiting, there were two guys there harassing one of the young ladies of our group, and I intervened. One guy got in my face, and (not watching my six), the other came up from behind, wrapped me up, and drove me to the ground on my knees. His buddy commences to punching me in the head. All I can remember was looking up and seeing a crotch right in front of me. I reach up with everything I had and took a handful of nuts. He screamed, went to ground. I shook off his buddy and proceeded to pound the living hell out of that guy until someone pulled me off. Only complete azz kicking I recall ever putting on anyone.

Another time about the same period, gave a young drunk artillery Lt. the what for. Got up in my face, pushed me, and I knocked him on his azz. Laying on the floor he yelled "you just fugged up, I'm a black belt". I told him to jump up and let's go then. He finally got up off floor, and backed off with the help of his friends dragging him away saying "I'll have your azz, you can't do that to an officer". Thought I might be in trouble over that one even though I didn't start a damn thing. One of his buddies made a big show of trying to get my name, rank and unit. But the bar manager knew me well, and knew him somewhat, and reached out to him through her husband. Turned out to be no worry. Next day after he sobered up the guy told her "No problem, I was drunk and looking for a fight, and I found one".

Since those days, I avoid where I can and prefer the just walk away method of dealing with things, unless it is a protection of the old lady or family. Not worth potentially losing gun rights in this fugged up state for 10 years over an assault rap.

Did pepper spray the hell out of a dude in San Diego a few years ago. Came around the corner after picking up dinner take out, and found this drunk, pissing on the front door of the old lady's apartment. He took exception to my dissatisfaction of the matter, and came at me. A minute or two and three blasts of pepper spray later, and he decided he was done for the evening.

The first spray was priceless though. I had one of those ASP "key defenders" in my hand, and I'm guessing he had zero idea in his drunken haze what it was and just thought I had the dukes up. Hands up in defensive stance, and kept backing away. I warned him to back off, but he kept coming, and I was nearing an area where my back was going to be against a wall. *Spray* The look on his face, lol. Blink - blink - WTF just happen..... "Aaaarggghhh!"

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.