Not the last but the most memorable was when a bully threw one of my gloves to a passing dog at the bus stop and the dog took off with it. When I got mad about it he said he was gunna beat my ass. All day at school I thought about it and so after school I approached him and said here's your chance. When we were done we had 30 people watching and I'd thrown him through an old ladies white picket fence into her yard. I ended up having to pay for the damages. He and I were like oil and water, but honestly he was nuts. One time I watched him shoot a 22 semi auto at a passing car while we were out squirrel hunting together. I guess he missed no one stopped. We used to be real competitive in cross country until one day I left him in the dust on a 3.2 mile run. Never had problems with him in high school. Heard he went into the military where I have no doubt he was a stellar killer.

Another time, I was the new guy in school, so the locals thought it would be fun to dogpile me in football. I'd always been told the opposite of the poster above when facing a group drop the biggest one first then the rest will think hard before giving you any more trouble, so I came up swinging and did. No more problems with the other five.

As an adult, I confronted three guys with aluminum baseball bats that were beating on a car at 2 am keeping the neighborhood up. It got sporty but no one got killed. I consider myself damned lucky to get out of that one without injury.

LOL