Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by MadMooner
They may be pussies, but they seem to have a pretty solid retirement plan and are enjoying it.

Yeah...the bitchy bastards are miserable when home...and then migrate in great drives to roost where it's warm and bitchy.
Careful.

We have a big bunch of them here that go to Yuma.

I guess it's really nice down there. In fact...they all go to the same neighborhood.

It's wild to me...because they can't stand each other when they are here...but all move in next door together for the winter down there.

When they come back up here...they bitch about each other down there.

I think I would find a place down south with new and different people.

If you'd seen Yuma in the "olden days" of the 70's, you'd be appalled at the Yuma of today.

Hadn't been through there in years due to living up in NorCal, PA, and Northern AZ. Had to go visit my old man near the end of his life, drove from N AZ to SoCal, passed through Yuma and was stunned. Lots of very large snowbird encampments consisting of park model mfg homes with a big carport for the motorhome attached to the side. Think a somewhat upscale white trash trailer park. And with it came the traffic. A couple of years later I was in need of a late minute "get my tag application in" trip to the F&G office there and had to get off the highway and take surface streets. Holy gridlock Batman. Couldn't get through the next stoplight on the avenues before it changed to red again.

More services there now, more money flowing through no doubt and I bet the Chamber of Commerce loves it. But they kinda ruined a nice little desert town as far as I'm concerned. If the southern freeway didn't go through it, I'd likely never have a need to visit it ever again.

I know there's at least one fellow here that winters down there, so no offense to him. It's just no longer the place it was. A slightly different take on SoCal if you ask me.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?