My wife's family hails from two small towns/country Alexandria and Petersburg, PA. They have a very nice (belongs to my wife also) cabin on 99 acres in Rothrock state forest.The extended family also has a big lodge on the property and the entire family just dumped close to 1M in rebuilding the lodge, employing a LOT of local construction folks. My FIL lives in Pensacola November-April, then spends May-November in the Cabin with my wife keeping him out of trouble. I drive/fly up several times.

We pay taxes in Florida and PA with significant contributions to the local community (he paid for rebuilding the Volunteer Fire House), local church & City Hall and a few other projects. In short, we contribute more to the community than most locals here. Once I retire (again) our plan is to extend our stays in PA through December. I don't see how ANYBODY would have an issue with this or most others here who contribute to BOTH communities.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”