I’m looking for an intermediate 0.458” cartridge between the 458 Win Mag and the 450 Rigby Rimless, based on the minimally altered 404 Jeffery case and a max COAL length of 3.6”.

Made up a dummy on a slightly shortened 404 J case but looks like the cartridge exists as a wildcat already. So I’m thinking about building a 460 G&A Short on a Winchester Model 70 Classic. I know that the parent case is the 404 Jeffery but I’ve searched for authoritative data on case length, cartridge overall length and ballistic performance (MV Range) but haven’t found it.

Other than an old G&A article by Tom Siatos describing the original 460 G&A in general terms, I haven’t turned up useful data.

Any leads on credible info on the data identified would be greatly appreciated to base a chamber reamer on.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 07/03/22. Reason: Cartridge corrected to 450 G&A Short

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now