After a shipping incident by USPS resulted in a broken stock requiring a return trip to the GS who built the rifle, the 460 G&A is finally home! The replacement Super Grade stock has better figure than the original one and is now fully bedded once again, including the added barrel recoil lug and crossbolt . The build came in at 9 1/2 lbs loaded, so most likely another 8 oz lead will go into the buttstock next week, after I shoot the initial loads.

Planning to test the rifle with the originally published loads, H-4064 with a Hornady 500 grain DGS. Will work up to as close to 90 grains as possible, depending on recoil and MV. Will likely try a couple of other similar burn rate powders also. The feeding, extraction and ejection with dummies loaded with 500 grain CEB BBW #13 FPs is flawless, as anticipated. The newly fabricated box holds 4 cartridges with a COAL 3.64”.

Unless some unanticipated problem arises during load testing, this will likely be the primary rifle for Zim this summer. It is trim, balances well and fits quite well, with the NECG rear peep and white line post FS aligning quickly and reproducibly. The Ruger RSM 450 Rigby Rimless will arrive in a couple of days, so a test with known loads will be in order.

May well be that after a long respite, the 460 G&A will experience a brief African rebirth. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now