Unfortunately my mag spring is the abominable space killer!! Haven’t been able to locate a suitable full length replacement yet so I’ll need to scrounge through my stuff and see what I find. So far the closest alternative may be a magnum Mauser spring but I’ll need to look at dimensions before deciding.

Assembled the donor action with the RUM follower, mag box with the rear block removed and can fit 3 404J-cased dummies - including one with a 0.458” CEB BBW #13 500 gn bullet. They fit and feed though not smoothly yet because of the stock bolt stop. The bolt face and extractor control the case normally, once the cartridge rises. We’ll see how it works with the bolt stop replaced with the 375 H&H part. Probably will need some tweaking of the feed ramp eventually.

Small steps along the way but headed generally in the right direction, it seems.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now