Thanks for the advice, Sir Ron. I’ll post load data once the rifle is completed and we enter that phase. Hopefully mid-Spring 2023. The components will ship to the GS who’ll build the DGR tomorrow. I’ve seen one of his rifles at work in Zim and decided he was the right guy to build this one for me. Unpretentious, all business and reliable.

As to bullets, I’ve been looking at the Hammer’s website today. I was surprised they have so shamelessly neglected those of us disciples of the 404, so wrote them a brief missive - how about a 400 grain 0.423” bullet?

For my upcoming hunt in Zim I’ll use CEB BBW#13s. I’ve used them in the 500 NE 3” and 404J last year, with great success. Though my target is more than a ton of buff and I believe you may be right about the Hammers on pachyderms, I’ll stick with the monolithic solid, at least on this trip.

I’ll order some 0.458” Hammers and test them at some point, as I’m planning on putting together a 458WM No. 1 from components in hand and will use the 458WM+ data you’ve developed in that rifle. My current 458WM Ruger M-77 bolt’s magazine won’t allow longer COALs.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now