I intend to push the walnut option with a slim forend and any weight needed to hit target added in lead at buttstock and possibly forend to maintain balance. However I'll consider a synthetic stock if the current SG stock channel modification doesn't work.

I've looked at the Bansner website as I have a couple of the old stocks and they work well. I've not yet seriously inquired about these but will consider this option if needed. Based on the specs I've seen so far, added weight would be needed.

I'm aiming for a classical rifle with CM blued barrel and walnut stock as it seems most suited for its purpose - pursuit of DG. After all as JOC said, this is all about fun and games, at least when reliable DGRs are involved.

I noted how the barrel recoilo lug was added on my 404 J and will plan for that option on this rifle. High strength silver solder should work.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now