Now have all 3 heavy rifles which are suitable for the upcoming safari to Zim in a couple of months. The middle rifle is the Ruger RSM 450 Rigby Rimless for which I’ve already developed loads for the CEB BBW#13 500 grain solid at MVs up to 2400 FPS. It had some feeding problems which were corrected by Mark Cromwell at NECG. Feeds more smoothly than ever and holds 3 in the magazine. A bit heavy at 11 lbs loaded which is ideal for the level of recoil. It is very well balanced and lines up the sights naturally when shouldered. As soon as I sight it in with the new NECG rear peep, this one is ready.

The top rifle is the Ruger Hawkeye 458 WM I’ve described in the 458 WM thread. A bit more load development with the CEB BBW#13 450 grain solid propelled by AA-2230 and Varget should get MV close to 2250 FPS. This rifle will definitely make the trip.

The bottom rifle is the new Win M-70 Classic built in 460 G&A by Gene Simillion. Holds 4 in the newly built box, feeds smoothly with dummies with the 500 grain CEB. I’ll start load development using H-4064, RL-15, and BL-C(2). Currently this rifle weighs 9.5 lbs loaded, but with realistic prospects of reaching 2350 FPS with 500 grain bullet, it needs a bit more weight, so I’m planning to add 1/2 lb lead in the buttstock. The rifle has turned out to be what I was looking for from Gene - a working DGR which will work every time, without drama. The work is flawless and the rifle unpretentious, though the replacement buttstock grain is much better than I anticipated. This is the rifle I hope works well when I develop loads, as balance and anticipated weight should make it sleek and totally dependable.

Will report after the next range session.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now