As usual in the wildcat game, it's been interesting pushing this project forward. I received the 460G&A reamer and headspace gauge from Dave Manson yesterday. Feels like a big step forward.

I spoke with a well known GS today who specializes in building working professional DGRs on Win M-70 Classic actions. He's agreed to take on the task of turning a Win M-70 Classic SG which left the factory as a 300 WM into a 460 G&A properly reliable DGR. Another great step forward! Estimated build time 4-6 months, so in time for a summer Zim hunt. I've witnessed one of these unfailingly reliable rifles in 458 Win Mag in the hands of my Zim PH on my last 2 hunts.

Ordered a Douglas #5 sporter contour finished, turned, polished 0.458" 1:14" twist barrel today. I was told 4-6 weeks delivery. Threading, chambering and bluing will be done by the GS building the rifle.

The next challenge is finding a sizing die in 460G&A. Both RCBS and Redding told me today they are out of the custom die wildcat business til at least next year. Timing won't work. I've got calls out to a couple of smaller outfits which will probably make the dies - fingers crossed over the last couple of days until I get a commitment on the dies. I didn't anticipate this would be the most challenging step, but it's beginning to seem so.

Unless the dies don't work out, I am now starting to believe that the 460G&A will become a reality and will be in the gun case on the way to Bulawayo next summer.

BTW the build, despite the title, is a 460G&A.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now