SLGPT,

The purpose of the rifle I'm building is for hunting DG. I have used a 500 NE 3" in this role, but decided to give up DRs and use a bolt rifle instead, as I have more experience with those. That was the purpose of the Ruger RSM 450 Rigby but ran into a last minute problem and used a 404 Jeffery instead for this year's hunt.

The 404 Jeffery did very well, but I still prefer a 45 caliber DGR. Hence the idea of the G&A. As is the case with most wildcatting plans, there's no free lunch, so it's likely I'll wind up with a 10 1/2 pound rifle to make the recoil reasonable for follow up shots. In the end it's likely the only advantage to the 460 G&A will be the slightly shorter Winchester LA compared to the RSM.

Maybe more rifle loony flimsy thinking, but there it is. I'm hoping the rifle will see use in the field in 2024.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now