i prefer 300 yards and under those i know the 257 Weatherby mag i use will for sure get that animal killed quickly. now after 300 yards things can change for all of us, but when its 500 yards plus i have killed some good bucks and i always lay down , use a bi-pod ,the rifles i use all have good match good barrels on them trigger work , better brand scopes like Nightforce and few others , my handloads i did alot of shooting out to 500 yards. i did buy a Red Ruger precision 6.5 Creedmoor and that factory rifle shoots very well at 500 yards otherwise all my rifles for long range have all custom barrels on them. so yes i will shoot animals at 500 yards and i did draw an antelope tag for Wyoming on private land and i did rebarrel a Weatherby mark 5 with a Brux #4 contour ,7 1/2 twist, 28 inch barrel i plan on shooting the heavier grain 25 caliber bullets prabably 135 gr. VLD Berger bullets because antelope die easy and that bullet will shoot a long ways out with G7 .334 / G1 .65 not many other bullets have these great ballistics plus the recoil of this rifle is not bad and with is still easy to shoot and carry. i figure 700 + yards or more with this rifle and this bullet.

Last edited by pete53; 07/17/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman