Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I'd venture a guess that fewer than 5% here are regularly shooting game at 400 yards.

I shoot jackrabbits and ground squirrels at 400 yards. ha ha.. Do quite a bit of practicing in the 400-600 yard range and up to 1,400 yards. Just getting back from a shoot where 800 was the furthest shot on a chuck sized target. The shoot today requires you to have to dial for different distances from 276 yards to 714 yards and its timed. 5 shots on 5 varying distance targets in 2.5 minutes. If you don't practice shooting at distance, I'd say don't take shots over your comfort level. Everyone here, should know what they are capable of. A deer or elk at 400 yards is a damn easy shot under ideal conditions. It can also be a damn hard shot under less than ideal conditions. That's when I would NOT pull the trigger... Practice tells you what you and your equipment are capable of. No one else can pick a predetermined distance for you. I've taken deer at 6-700 yards. All 1 shot kills..

Did they change the match format? I thought the Marksman class was limited to 611 yards.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...