Originally Posted by Bobber257
In over 65 years of hunting I can recall only two deer that I’ve shot at over 250 yds. One was a muley that was a hair over 400 (lasered) the other was a whitetail at about 265 yds.(again lasered). Although it was a clean kill, I didn’t feel good about the mule deer. I could have stalked much closer but, for some sell-serving reason, I had to prove something to myself. I had broken my self-imposed 300 yd. maximum and was disappointed with myself.
As antelope tags are hard to come by up here (Alberta), I’ve only been drawn on 7 occasions and tagged out each time. Again, only one was taken at over 250 yds. (about 300). The rest came at well under 250, including a big buck that I had belly crawled along a shallow drainage ditch to within about 30 yards. That was one of the most satisfying animal that I’ve ever taken.

Killing animals is killing animals. Near or far, it doesn't matter. If you felt "disgusted" with yourself, maybe you shouldn't be pulling the trigger.. I hunt to feed my family, not to feel good or bad about shooting said critter. I don't really give a schidt if it's 10 yards or 800. Still same affect...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA