The last 6 animals I have harvested have been at the following distances. 425,475,450,615,665 and705 yds. All the animals were either bedded or feeding, unaware of my presence and weather conditions were good to perfect. All were also shot off a bipod and rear bag rested prone ,except the 665 which was a hog shot off a picnic table. All the animals were lasered more than three times to unsure an accurate reading and all where dropped on the spot when shot. All data for ballistics was updated for weather and such, and all situations were taken when wind was a nonfactor. They were also shot with a gun regularly capable of shooting very small groups at very respectable ranges. The gun,scope and information are tested by me regularly to insure all is working as it should and no surprises await....
Like John Burns said , the yardage is just another variable, but its all just math and 2+2 is always 4 ( no matter what a Democrat tries to tell you). People question the ability to make a shot at distance ,but have no issue with hunters shooting at moving game at short range with little or no practice at it........
P.s. One day while hunting antelope and not seeing any in a specific area, I decided to check my equipment on a target that stays out on this spot. Two shots centered on a 13" plate @ 940 yds adds to ones confidence level. A friend was along for the ride that day said he never shot passed 200 Yds in his life made 2 hits out of three shots with my stuff..... Later that day I got my goat at about 125 yds..... a nice meaty doe.

Last edited by wyoming260; 07/17/22.