Brent--I shoot 106 grains of 2f Express for three reasons. One is it is ACCURATE with the 511 grain round nosed paper patched bullet I use for hunting. Second, that powder charge burns really clean--I mean REALLY clean--at that particular level of compression with that bullet. I can shoot without wiping or using a blow tube while hunting. I don't even carry a blow tube, in fact. Just load and shoot. The third reason is that the velocity I get from that bullet across my Oehler with that charge is 1382 fps, and for some reason it puts them on the ground like they have been hit with Thor's hammer.

I have used the Gould hollowpoint in year's past. They are unbelievably destructive in flesh and ruin a lot of meat. I honestly don't see that they put animals on the ground as well as the 511 paper patch bullet. They also don't give complete pass through, whereas the 511 paper patch does.

Josh does have a really handsome rifle in that Hagin. I wish he had tried a 45-110 before he went the smokeless route, though. Josh is one tough cookie. There is no doubt that he went to Africa and had a great safari with what actually amounted to a broken back.