I hunt with single shots (#1 and Encores) as well as Levers and Bolts. I do not view single shots as a handicap at all. The particular rifle or hand gun that I may hunt with is simple the one I want to hunt with that day. My single shots are #1 in 7MM Rem, 270 Weatherby and a new #1 in 6.5x55 and Encores in 223 Rem, 7mm08, 308 and 260 with 15" barrels. I have levers in 45-70, 450 Marlin and 358 Win. I have bolts in just about everything under 30 cal. and some I have two in. I'm 62 years old, shot my first deer at age 12 with dads Model 94. I have hunted most seasons since except for a couple when I was in the military. Only once did I need two shots and that was a close in running shot with 270, deer stopped about 20 yds away and I put another one through the lungs. Lost a deer about 5 years ago when on doe management on my lease. I shot the deer in the shoulder at about 70 yds, deer ran into the next county leaving a good blood trail.

Have never kept records, but don't consider single shots be be a handicap. Most of my shots have been at less than 100 yds. Even antelope in Montana and South Dakota. I will be hunting a different lease in Jan and will be using my 257 Roy and 7SAUM and maybe the #1 Swede if it works out ok.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.