I'll jump into this late. I hunt quite a bit with my No.1s, but I've been enamoured with M77s since I was 18 years old, so they get the nod some, too. I usually pick a rifle each year and do most of my hunting with it. Next year, a different rifle. I ran a string of ten or twelve one shot kills on deer, antelope, and coyote with a 1B in .25-06 back in the 80s. Missed a running doe with it (shot in front of her) to end the streak. That rifle was magic with a Speer 120gr flatbase at 3100fps.

Much of my hunting in Idaho the last few years has been with a Lyman Great Plains. Had to shoot an elk twice with it. My fault, angle was steep and I only hit one lung with the first shot.

Last year I hunted mostly with my No.1S in .300H&H, but alas, no elk volunteers.

No hunting this year. My move took up all of the season and all of my money. My wife says if I sell a couple of rifles, I could finance a hunt. Huh!

Next year the .300H&H will go moose hunting, or maybe the M77RS in .350RemMag. Or maybe the Lyman on a late muzzleloader.

But, no I've never felt undergunned with a single, nor can I blame any lack of success to only having one up the snout. But, I have saved some blood-shot meat with only one shot.

YMMV,
Jim

Jim