Brent, I have never tried the Gould bullet. I do have an old Ideal mold that is a hollow point in the .45 government bullet. It works pretty good on hogs if you drive it fast, 1300fps+. I used it in my 45-100. Its an 11 pound rifle and too heavy for me to lug around day in and day out.

I don't know if I told you this or not, but before I started lining out for Africa I had Brooks cut me a stepped paper patch bullet for my 40-70ss. It is a flat base and with a .060" LDPE it shoots OK. Doesn't kill all that well. I took the same bullet and wad and drove it to 1750fps with H4895 and shot a couple of hogs with it. It was like those hogs got electrocuted. Those 40-1 paper patch bullets turn themselves inside out, almost like a little cup. It was a fun experiment, but when you start driving 375-400gr bullets in the 1800fps to 2100fps range in a 9lb rifle the recoil begins to play a part. In truth I am a little recoil sensitive. I need to keep recoil mild to shoot my best in the field.

SS
Josh

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955