Originally Posted by Hastings
Just now checked mine 139/61 left arm, 134/63 right arm, pulse 66. Have been on BP medication since I was 30. Accidently found out when a home health nurse was visiting an older relative and I got her to check mine. It was150/100 at a time when I was under no particular stress. She checked it a time or two more and told me I needed to get treated for it. My old doctor told me that wasn't high (1982) but I told him it was and he wrote a prescription for Aldoril which helped some. Now I'm on Norvasc 5mg once a day and Bisoprolol Fumarate 5mg twice a day. I understand the bottom number should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the top number but since I have the beginnings of right side heart failure that ain't happening.

My maternal grandfather dropped dead of a heart attack at age 49 and my father died of heart failure so I guess I'm lucky to be up and going pretty good for coming 70yo in 5 days. Would probably be dead by now if not for BP medicine.

Hastings - read this:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...d-to-do-this-and-i-mean-now#Post17399141

Ask your doc why you’re not on a RAAS inhibitor.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001