Originally Posted by viking
Mine was a little high yesterday 154/95. The NP wants to put on medication.

I don’t want to get started on that stuff yet.. I need to make some changes, like exercising more, and perhaps quite chewing. Damned it was fun. (I don’t drink alcohol).

In 2020 it was 134/76. Then I used to take a shot of apple cider vinegar every day.

Anyone got any natural remedies? Or experiences to share.

Before you go off the deep end and medication, do yourself the following:
1. Buy yourself a good BP machine (battery powered and automatic, they are under 100 bucks)
2. The CORRECT way to take your blood pressure is to be sitting down for AT LEAST TEN minutes, with your arm resting on something level with your heart or close to it.
4. About 40% of Americans suffer from "White Coat" hypertension, so odds are you are one of them. Most Fliers and type "A"s do suffer from this malady and I'n betting you do as well.

When I go to the doctor, my BP is almost invariably in the 140/90 range, my Doc who is also an AF (National Guard) Flight Surgeon laughs. When I'm home and take it as prescribed about, it runs about 112-115/60. So he put me on BP meds for a month, BP at home went even lower, 105/60s. I go back to the office and guess what it read? Yep, 140/90. BUT...during the course of the day, if will be higher, so keeping it in check is a wise idea. And yes, dropping weight will also help.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”