Originally Posted by Swifty52
I should keep my mouth shut but, BSA been going through real azzhole syndrome lately. In a way though gruff as it is he’s correct. Sometimes the numbers lead you down into a rabbit hole that doesn’t lead to wonderland.

This was going to be in a different post but it’s quite fitting here. Yesterday I was doing a test on brass weight variables vs group. Again Cooper 21 223, Oehler 35P.

This group had everything going against it, random case weights of 95 grains to 100 grains. 2 different 556 cases of Norma and Federal. Now to really randomize it I loaded 3 different primers, Fed GMM, REM 7 1/2 and CCI standard.
The only thing common was powder charge and bullet. Well I removed the crimp also.
The numbers for 10 shots were not good.

Average 3252
ES 98
SD 32

But

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Small group of the day. The numbers don’t support the results. Don’t get hung up on the numbers.

WOW thanks Swifty!! That sure proves a point! I'm sure glad you guys are taking the time to teach an old dog new tricks!! I got this darn gizmo to keep me out of pressure issues and am starting to get lost in the data that i don't quite get yet! If BSA was trying to say that I should maybe apologize to him! Just seemed from that one post he had a chip on his shoulder about a few things that I must have triggered.

Sure appreciate the help!!!!
I'd love to say I'd buy ya a beer sometime but I never get out of Michigan anymore! In fact the range and the doctors office is all I really get to anymore! lol

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!