Originally Posted by FC363
I've been shooting LT-32 quite a bit in the 6PPC, and I found that CCI450 primers gave me the best groups. The Hodgdon manual lists 23.1grs as max with a 55gr Hornady bullet, so you still have some room to go. Personally, I don't even get the chronograph out until I have nailed down the primer, powder charge, and seating depth a load shoots best with. I'm not going to go changing a load just to make the numbers on a chrono look pretty.
Thanks, I've been using GM205m match primers so far. Seems like 21.7 shoots the smallest groups. I just got this chronograph so I was eager to try it out and see what kind of data I got with it. Was surprised that the 3 groups weren't closer in SD and ES. If I could consistently get results like the 2nd string (sd 8.7 & es 19) I'd be very happy. First time in almost 30 years of handloading I've had a chrono to check out. I got it because 2 350 Legend rifles I'm working with seem hot with Hodgdons Lil'Gun data even at starting loads. I've always let the groups on paper tell me what to load and shoot but these 350 Legends are scaring me a little. I asked for a little help interpreting the numbers cause well I hadn't seen any chrono data before and was wondering why 3 groups shot 15 minutes apart with the same exact loads didn't do better. Fishing for knowledge I guess! I agree i wouldn't change a good shooting load to get numbers either, was just wondering why a seemingly good load didn't have good numbers. With the help I've got today I realize a load that shoots small groups doesn't necessarily have good numbers. I was also under the impression that the chrono would help to find a good load but I guess most folks (like yourself) find a shooter first then check the chrono for an fps to feed their ballistic solver.

I've learned a lot today and very happy with all you fellows that have helped!! Appreciate it!!!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!