No doubt you've drawn a bad hand and you're making the best of it... much respect from here... I hope my post didn't come off as critical in any way. I just know how frustrating it can be to have a chrono and the results don't line up with what you think you are seeing on the target. A lot of head scratching can lead you down a wrong road and then it just isn't fun any more. I guess that is the reason I concentrate on what my groups are telling me. Not even necessarily the precision, but often the shape of the groups will tell you a lot about your rifle, your load, and your technique. It reminds me of all the guys who buy bore scopes and then come back and post about something they found with the scope that has them concerned even though the rifle was shooting fine before the borescope.

In a lifetime you won't be able to control all of the variables in this sport and many others, but if it gives you something to fill your day and holds your interest it's probably a good thing to spend time on. Personally, I spend way too much time on the internet and not enough time lately shooting but with $5 gas I have to think about what I'm spending every time I drive the 30 miles and back to the range I use...

Keep on keeping on and don't be afraid to ask questions here. A lot of guys here have a lot of experience and can decipher your problems pretty well with a little prodding....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.