My wife doesn’t hardly ever drink because she’s “allergic” to alcohol being as she doesn’t produce the enzymes required to break the alcohol down so the fact that I met her at a local dance hall/bar is pretty weird. She wasn’t into the bar scene at all having only ever gone with her girlfriend a couple times previous but that weekend changed the course of both our lives for the better. She and her best friend were planning on going to her parents new house in Chelan and do some skiing at the slopes by their house in December of 1996 but a major snowstorm closed the mountain pass. Friday night my buddy and I went to this bar/dance hall that was easily accessible considering the big snow we’d had and we had a good time. There was a redhead waitress who was coming on to me and she told me that if I showed up the following night she’d give me her number and we’d get together. Saturday night I showed up around 8ish and the redheaded waitress immediately brought me a bottle of Bud that she’d tore the label off….perfect, I’m off to a good Saturday night. That’s when I saw my future wife….it was almost like something from the part of a movie where Hollywood special effects focus the angelic light around the most beautiful person in the room and everything goes silent. I asked her to dance and we spent the rest of the night dancing and getting to know each other. At closing time I gave her a hug good night and we exchanged numbers.

Our first date we went to the Grillhouse Taproom in Kenmore on Lake Washington for dinner and then we went to see Jerry McQuire at the theater. I gave her a hug good night and told my friends at work that last night was the last first date I’ll ever be on again since I just met my wife….the person I’ll spend the rest of my life with. They thought I was crazy but 9 months later we were married on the beach in Langley on Whidbey Island with only her mom and dad…my mom and dad and the preacher. It was a perfect wedding and the best decision I’ve EVER made….in 5 weeks we celebrate 25 years married. It was fate that she was there and fate that had me returning to that bar 2 nights in a row.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~