Originally Posted by Jim270
If you have never seen a dot reticle that explains it. You are not now, nor have you ever been a silhouette shooter. When a shooter named Laura Goetsch worked for Leupold, she convinced them to make a scope specifically for silhouette. Simply Google Leupold FX-3. They are discontinued now but they made a 25 and a 30 power scope with a 3/8ths dot or a 1/2 min dot. Here's some more schooling for you. Leupold makes a 6.5x20 scope that alot of shooters use with their 1/8 min dot, others send them off to have their dots enlarged. Years ago there was a company named Premier that increased the power and enlarged the dots on a 6.5x20 scope. However as you well know there is a weight restriction on silhouette rifles and on some rifles that were close to the limit, the Premier scopes put them over.

The new Leupold VX-3HD 6.5-20 x 40 is moving to a diamond reticle and will be sharper than the current FX most of us use. I'm kind of intrigued and got to handle one briefly at the Lapua Super Shoot but I've not seen any out in the wild yet. I have a 1929 Win M52 Sporter that is every bit as accurate as my Anschutz and I could see picking one of these up and giving it a try on that rifle. Right now there is a similar vintage 2.5X Zeiss on it and the targets looked smaller through it! crazy

Pretty good video (with 10 secs of awful music at the start) here with pics.

https://youtu.be/1KOBEwcZ2jg

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated