I keep hoping for some more smallbore silhouette discussion but there seems to be little forthcoming.
We have a club shoot coming up this weekend and it will be the first I've been able to attend for two months. Attendance at our club matches has been severely impacted by covid restrictions. We have three or four of the top shooters in the country and they have been unable to attend a match all summer.
I shoot at the double A level (triple A in one class; where I will never win again!) in smallbore and double A in highpower as well. I will probably skip the highpower this weekend. I bruised some ribs in a fall the other day and might not appreciate the recoil (full disclosure, the fall was from my Kawasaki dirt bike. I may be getting too old for this). I'll see what Saturday is like. Right now, I'm having trouble holding the old Model 52.
I find it a bit relaxing to not have to worry so much about rifle tuning and loading techniques as I did when I was shooting "F" class and BR. Rifle fit and balance is as important than precision. Shooter ability trumps everything.
In a way, I find silhouette to be a lot like shooting free throws in basketball (where I enjoyed about the same success rate). It is frustrating but can be satisfying at the same time.
As for Big Schtick, he should shoot some sort of competition, any kind, and perhaps he does. It would lend some credibility to his rants and would add some purpose to his purchases. GD