Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gsganzer
How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist.
You don’t think there’s a difference between killing a completely innocent child in the womb, and executing a convicted murderer…?
Reading his entire post, it doesn't seem like he doesn't think much at all.

I bring up the hypocrisy of thinking in black and white. You're against aborting a fetus under any circumstances, because it's interfering in God's will, but you'll advocate for capital punishment, taking a life that God created? And just for the record, I don't equate the life of an unborn child with a person that chose to commit murder.

I'm not trying to argue the points of black and white, because it's very likely we'll never agree. I don't think in black and white, because I realize every decision has a framework that might define that decision.

I have no issue being very clear on my stance. Abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control, but I believe there are rare and extenuating circumstances when someone is faced with that most difficult of decisions. Rape, incest, health of the mother, viability of the fetus are all issues that carefully frame a decision that should be between a women, her family and her medical advisor. And in my belief, not all of the nuances of those decisions and discussions need to be something our government needs to be dictating and defining to satiate a political leaning.