Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by granitestate1
It does not matter if you are for it or against it, it isn't a fundamental right.
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

It isn't a fundamental right to control your own spawn?? Whether illegitimate, rape, incest, health of the mother or viability of the fetus due to defects??

I disagree brother.
Even Ruth Ginsberg admitted that there was no Constitutional right to abortion. Which amendment do believe provides a US mandated Federal right to abortion?

I never said there was a constitutional right to abortion. I think the SC did the right thing by putting it back to the states to decide. There's nothing "constitutional" about it.

However, the original question was if the SC's decision would blunt the "Red Wave". I believe it will, but only because it's now ripped this issue wide open and the nut job extremes of each party are now using it to energize "single issue" voters. Based on the slightly larger general population sentiment that abortion should be a decision between a woman, her doctor and her family, (with a reasonable and compassionate set of restrictions for those born and unborn). Politics should stay out of it.

I believe it will galvanize a slight rise in votes against the Republicans. It doesn't help that many of the conservative states have had "trigger laws" based on a reversal of the SC's original ruling.

I was all on board with the TX abortion restrictions prior to the latest changes. The latest changes are knocking on the door of a defacto ban and don't allow a woman, her doctor and her family to make an informed decision in a medically reasonable window of time.