Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't care what other people do as long as it doesn't have a negative impact on me. As a land owner in a State without a lot of public land, I heartily dislike trespasser and will press charges against them every chance I get. I cut down 4 tree stands that trespassers put up on our ground just last week. I cut 'em down, drag 'em out to the nearest county road, cut 'em up with a sawzall, and leave them in a pile for the scrappers to pick up. The guys putting up these stands know that they're trespassing and by their actions show that they just don't care.

We've had poaching problems on the plot I hunt the past several years, too. Put up some cameras, but the sneaky azzholes never have gotten themselves or vehicles clearly into frame. In a state where less than 2% of the total acreage is publicly huntable it's sort of inevitable, but still frustrating as hell. Even moreso because there aren't all that many deer around this area to begin with.

I know a couple years ago they had to have knocked off every deer out there before season. We found a pile of half butchered carcasses with the buck's heads chopped off about 250 yards from my stand in October. Pretty sure they were night shooting them from the nearest road from the way the car tracks looked. It's wide open enough they'd be seen out there during the daytime from the farmyard. Didn't see diddly that entire firearm or ML season.