Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I put my name in and got drawn. I shoot next week. The qualification is six shots total, 3 at 200 yards, and 3 at 300 yards. Have to hit all six shots within three minutes to qualify. For the 200 yard shot, position is kneeling or standing. For the 300 yard shot kneeling, standing, or prone. Target is about 12" diameter. The really weird thing is, you are not allowed to adjust your scope. I paraphrase because it takes too much time and it's not realistic in the field. There's a metal post shooters can use for extra support for either range. You have to bring your own pack or bipod for prone. The email said most shooters don't qualify. Theoretically this should be doable for any seasoned hunter/shooter. I wonder if there's something else that comes in play.

There's a video out there of a CPW officer shooting the course clean. He uses a suppressed, PRS type rifle that has zero recoil. 6.5Needmore at most. The thing looks like it weighs 11lbs. And shooters can't adjust the scope because it takes too much time and doesn't mimic shots in the field. Um, ok PRS rifle dude, who carries an 11lb rifle in the field?

Congrats on being drawn, and thanks for the info. Are you allowed to substitute sitting for kneeling? I’d much rather shoot sitting than kneeling. More surface area/mass making contact with the ground.