Some interesting comments here. Range is irrelevant as long as a hunter stays within their skill level. I've hand gun hunted, that doesn't mean I should be able to hit a 300 yard target with a 10mm pistol to say I'm worthy. And as Smoke says, really depends on where you hunt. Like Smoke I grew upon in the midwest. I don't think I ever shot a deer farther than 125 yards for the first 20 years of my hunting life. If CPW thinks shots will be taken at 300 yards at this location, by all means, then test for that skill level.

Holding or dialing isn't the point for me. It's the point that CPW thinks there's insufficient time. Their rules contradict themselves. You have three minutes to make six shots. If you can't dial in that time frame you don't qualify. Period. What difference does it make if someone takes two seconds to dial and still makes all their shots in three minutes? That's no different than someone not dialing and making all their shots in three minutes.

Same with kneeling. If they are promoting, and should be, ethical hunting and target skills, sitting is a better choice than kneeling. If you watch the example video there's a metal post that can be used as support for either target shot. If they are testing for real skills, why allow the metal post? Is there a metal post in the woods for us to use too? Just weird. Maybe it's supposed to mimic using a tree for support???

Personally, I signed up knowing these rules, I'll play the game. It's an odd game, but I signed up for it.