Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I think it's the CO Parks and Wildlife who sets the rules. Not an individual game warden.

Even out of staters can have an opinon on how to do it better, but we might not have much influence.

You were questioning the use of the post.

John,
In this case I do believe it’s the individual Area Wildlife Manager (AWM) in the video that is setting the rules. They may be using the same or similar rules used in the past.
Usually when it’s a National Park the NPS has their own people manage the hunt, but it appears this is a remote enough location the feds handed the cull over to the state.

I’ve killed a few animals from some pretty unorthodox positions but that kneeling position is still a cockamamie way to shoot a critter.

Casey,

I think everyone agrees sitting is better than kneeling for being steady.

That said if you have a rest to support the front of the rifle then right elbow to right knee adds support to the back of the rifle.

If you are shooting kneeling without any front support then left elbow to left knee it the best way. But without a sling and the time to get slung up it's only a bit better than offhand.

Any way some time when you're bored see what you think of that reversed kneeling with a front rest, I recomend some sticks.

Might be a tool for the tool box.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.