Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by gonzaga
Try using a backpack under your right arm under the butt stock if you're a rightie....

I tired that, and also tried putting it on my left calf and sitting back on it. I'm not flexible enough to rock back and sit on my heel like some guys do. Helped, but still no cigar.

If you have the tripod you talked about, use it. You can use your sticks if you think you need a rear support like in my video.

You can do this

Thanks for the help RC. A tripod with sticks for a rear rest, I will try that. Most likely I could do it but looking at the total picture of what's involved with the "not-a-hunt" taking a day off work, 8 hour round trip just to qualify, I think I'll probably pass, just not that motivated to participate. Didn't cost anything to apply, costs even less to un-apply.

The thing I'm motivated to do now is get off my ass and get a suppressed rifle.

So using the sticks for a rear support means holding them in your left hand while they are against your body, outside of the butt stock. You then use your hand for the rear rest.

Don’t try to adjust the sticks to actually support the butt.

If you use the tripod, you probably won’t even need to do it because they’re so stable.

Go up to the line with your tripod legs already at the right length for kneeling, dope dialed tor 200 in the scope and on the beep, spread them and clamp your rifle in the saddle and get on target. Hammer it 3 times

If it’s stable and you’re confident, stay on the tripod and just move to the 300 yard plate and dial it into the scope, hammer it 3 times. If not, transition to prone.

You can do this. I’m gonna be disappointed if you bail on this opportunity. Look at it as a challenge, learning, and most of all when you succeed, a fun hunt with free meat.

Additionally, you knew where this hunt was to take place and the drive involved when you applied for it and it was fine then. The only thing that has changed is you doubt you can shoot well enough to meet the requirements of the G&F.

Don’t puss out because you may have to work and improve to get it done

Last edited by rcamuglia; 11/22/22.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.