Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, is that directed to me RC? Seems to be. My self-esteem is just fine, thank you, and by the way it’s not based on my proficiency with the reverse kneeling position.

Yours seems to be out of control though. Difference between us is, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here.

I've killed my share of big game out to 400 yards prone, standing with a tree for rest, sitting, and offhand. But never once reverse kneeling, never had the need to use the position. It bothers me not in the least to say I'm not very good with the position.

But it really seems to bother you. The question you should be asking yourself is, why is that?

Thanks gonzaga, I was posting while you were.

Not bothered at all. Disappointing that a prominent member of our hunting and shooting forum doesn’t have the skills or gumption to attain them, regardless of the fact he readily admits it.

BTW the “reverse kneeling” position is not a requirement and you don’t even have to do it to shoot from a tripod. Just kneel.

Like I said, I've never had to use any version of kneeling to kill big game. So the only reason I'd need to attain that skill would be to take a day off work and drive 8 hours to participate in what's been described right here as a goat-rope qualification. To participate in a goat rope "not-a-hunt."

If it was important to me I'd do it. It's not.

And don't forget that I'm a "prominent member" here, so I get to do what I want. Not what you want. As if it was any of your business in the first place.

And wtf is up with you giving 10mm a ration of shìt, anyway? You never saw anyone miss a shot? I've seen people who know their way around a rifle miss shots well within their abilities, it happens.

Never seen anybody worth a shìt denigrate them for it though.

A wise man is frequently humbled.