Originally Posted by slumlord
No chef, it sucks, no one fixes it around here

My experience with it is from many sources, mess hall, school, church dinners, there is no Paula Deen that could make it to where I could stand it.

No need for gourds, squash, pumpkins

Feed that chit to hogs

Why bother with it when we already have pecan pie, apple pie, chess pie and coconut cake at the dinner?

One of my Grandmother’s made good pumpkin pies. The other one’s pumpkin pies were nasty. Bout like Slum described.
It definitely not my favorite, but I’ll eat a small piece if that’s all that’s available. Sure as heck don’t crave it though. And would suit me fine if I never ate another piece.

My Mom made the best Pecan, Chocolate, Coconut Creme, and Peach and Apple Pies I’ve ever eaten anywhere. That’s what she always served at Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners, along with homemade German Chocolate Cake for those that didn’t like pie. All made from scratch. None of that canned or box mixes.
I don’t ever recall her making a pumpkin pie ever in my life.
Guess it depends on what you were raised on. Fortunately, I was raised on the good stuff. Pecan & Peach Pies are still my favorites. Unfortunately, I’ve never had anything as good as the ones Mom made.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/16/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~