Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Maybe because the ammo is cheap and freaking everywhere? Walmart ALWAYS has 350, even when 308 and 6.5cm are wiped out.

I have no interest in one because replacing a 30-30 with it would be cultural terrorism! 😇😂

They buy it because they want to hunt in a state that requires a straight walled case .

^^^THIS^^^

I'm not sure what the laws are like down there, so you might have a point about people using the 350L when they don't have to.

However, up until 2 years ago, we had to use a shotgun or muzzle loader during gun season. Then they changed the law to say that you could now use a straight walled rifle or handgun cartridge. When they did that, every guy out there that had a 45-70 in his safe finally had something to use it on. Personally, I think a 45-70 is a bit of an over kill for a whitetail, but so is a 1.5oz 12ga slug. I ordered a 350L barrel for my Encore last spring and got into action about 2 months ago. It's absolutely a sweet shooting rifle with tight groups and beats the heck out of a 3" 12ga slug from a recoil aspect. I'll probably never use my 12ga slug barrel ever again. Gun season opens Saturday and I'm very hopeful to see how it performs.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/23/22.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan