Ive just recently bought a 350 legend CVA scout SS earlier this year after hunting with black powder for as long as I can remember. I was actually looking for a 35 whelen but after a long discussion with the salesman, he made a good point. My shots for this rifle are 75 yards and closer, due to where I'm going to use it and its intent. So a 35 whelen was way overkill.

He also mentioned that Louisiana is only a handful of states that still allow a necked cartridge for primitive. He didn't say whether or not they will change the rule, but he did say that there are more states trying to go to a straight walled cartridge for primitive hunting. I tended to believe him due to the fact that he's in the business of selling and why stock up on a rifle that may or may not be legal in your state for certain hunting situations. I do also understand that a 35 is a hell of a round out to 200+ yards and could be used any time of the hunting season. But after talking to him a while about it, I bought the 350.

And with 150g winchester deer season XP ammo, it will put them damn near in the same hole at 75yards.