Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 450BM
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 450BM
Originally Posted by kandpand
“Rifle Loony”

That is why I have a 350 Legend. I wanted one. Just to try something else.

Yep, same here. I already had bullet molds for 9mm and 38 special along with lots of bullets. Brass is cheap with small primer pockets (I have a lot of small primers, pistol and rifle). Can be shot in AR platform but I have a bolt gun. It’s a 357 maximum on caffeine and a fun gun to shoot. Also a better kids first deer rifle than the 30-30s many kids got in the past. I know levers are safer now but imagine how many accidental discharges there was when small, cold hands were dropping the hammer on their lever gun they’ve only shot 3 or 4 times..

I agree that rifles with exposed hammers are potentially dangerous in the hands of inexperienced or inattentive people, particularly the older rifles with a half-cock safety notch, but wouldn't it also be irresponsible for a parent to put a loaded firearm of any style into the hands of a child without first teaching the child how to use it safely?

It absolutely is irresponsible. What makes you think all parents are responsible?

I never said that they were and if I inferred it to be so, it was not intended as such.

Sorry, no offense intended. Kids are getting their education off the Internet now, parents don’t need to be responsible… (sarcasm)

I grew up with gun people and have had guns in my hands since I was 5. Thinking back over the years, some of the worst gun handlers owned the gun shops that would show up for a few years and then move on to selling something else. They didn’t care what they sold you, just get it sold and make a buck.