I forget that us handloaders are a minority. If I didn’t handload and was limited to a straight wall cartridge or a shotgun slug, the .350 Legend is perfect. And the marketing has gone with it to make it successful. Three criteria for a successful cartridge. It does the intended job. Ammunition and guns are easily available everywhere. And marketing convinces hunters that it kills things deader than dead. The .350 Legend currently has all three. Just like the 6.5 Creedmoor. Just think if the .350 Rem Mag had not been introduced until today and was chambered in a rifle that made the recoil average. It would be the next great short mag if it had the marketing and rifles and ammunition abundance that the .350 Legend does. The Legend was developed to fit two niches by a smart marketing department. They capitalized on the popularity of the AR platform and available accessories and modularity and a number of states requiring cartridge restrictions on deer hunting. Then people discovered that ammo was everywhere, all sorts of rifle configurations are available, and it just plain works at the ranges 95% of deer are shot at - less than 200 yards. I don’t hold any animosity toward the cartridge. It’s simply an example of a good marketing team recognizing a niche they could fill in a very saturated market.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile