I don't see the point unless you're in a state requiring straight walled cartridges. I live in Iowa and have been using the .357 Max in a TC Encore with 18" barrel set up as a pistol for over a decade total, mainly during the late season muzzleloader season (yes, Iowa allows this as it is technically pistol, which is legal in the late ML season). My experience with the .357 Max has been one of shooting deer once and either having them drop or following a bloodtrail that looks like it was made with a paint can with a hole in the bottom. I'd imagine the .350 Legend with 180 gr. would do the same. Most of the time I've been shooting 190 gr. cast bullets, but the past two seasons I've used the Speer 180 gr. HotCor at 2050 fps. It's taken four deer for myself and my daughter with great performance. Now that Iowa is permitting bottleneck cartridges from .350"-.500" bore diameter my daughter claimed the Encore and I've purchased a .350 Remington Magnum XP-100 with 16.25" barrel. Load development has been fun with that gun and I'll be using the same Speer bullet at 2400 fps come January.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile