Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Easy.

Mule Deer calls them Churners.

They read or watch hunting shows. And fall in love through the endless ads.
Especially since hunting shows are nothing but an ad.

Local guy went moose hunting with Jim Shockey.
Got a call asking if he wanted to be on the show, Bobby loves attention and immediately agreed.

Then he got the list.
Rifle, scope, ammo. Down to the round being promoted and the bullet choice in the Federal ammo. For the show's promotion, all bought at full
retail cost. No deals or compensation. (Killed a dandy moose, but was disappointed. Thought he was hunting with Shockey, never saw him)

Daughters boyfriend was interested in the 350, from TV and the guys at the LGS.

He ask me and I called it a POS. "It's made for ARs and straight wall states. We cant use ARs and arent cartridge limited."

He bought into the "effectiveness".

"Come on Nate? It is a 30-30 or 35 by another name. Fine rounds, nothing
spectacular. Whats the point in a rifle that could be a 308 or 358?"

Daughter told me he had been going to buy one.

Last week.
"What do you think of the 224 Valkyrie?"

"Same as the 350. Designed for high velocity in an AR. Good twist for
heavy bullets." No point for it in a bolt gun. 1/8 22-250 in a Tikka kills it in a bolt gun."

Daughter later tells me he had a CZ on layaway in 224.

Feel bad hammering his choices. But he better learn to not ask my opinion if he don't want it.

53 years old.
Been reading every gun thing I could get hands on since grade school.
Well remember the 30-30/35Rem are dead days.
No one hunted with them. No serious hunters anyway.
Went through the magnum craze.
Ultra Magnum craze.

Now, you get the warm moist breeze up your exit hole. Pushing all these
rounds that are lucky to equal the paper numbers of rounds considered
obsolete 35 years ago.

Limited to straight wall rounds, I might buy a 350.

You must own a 30-06 and nothing else… :-) I get what you’re saying. I read all the drivel, watched the Youtube videos, this cartridge of the year is the best killing machine since smokeless powder was invented. Probably has limited some of the other 500 calibers that can be bought but hey, it’s keeping the gun industry strong! I bought one because I wanted a cheap to reload cast bullet plinker in .35 caliber. Got one last Christmas time, got over 500 rounds through it already and I didn’t shoot at all for 3.5 months this summer. Got 45 rounds to test with 200gr cast next time I’m at the bench. Lot’s of fun to shoot and doesn’t beat the crap out of me.

My handle, 450BM… I bought one because… I wanted a 44 magnum rifle and bought a Remlin 1894 in the caliber but couldn’t get it to shoot anything at 50 yards that didn’t look like a shotgun pattern. Got sick of it after about 600 rounds and sold it. I thought the 450 BushMaster would fill the need for a large bore magnum type pistol cartridge in a rifle so I ordered a CVA Cascade. Still would have rather had a 44mag (a Rem 788 would have been beautiful but they’re like unicorns) because of all the components and a Dillon progressive setup to load for it. Well, the 450BM ain’t no 44 (43) magnum, it’s a hell of a lot more but has been as equally fun to load for as the 350 Legend. And yes, it does shoot better, lots better than the Remlin.
And the 450bm also uses the small primers I have so many of.

57 years old
Been reloading since I was 12. Couldn’t afford to buy all the factory ammo to fit my shooting habit.
Never had a 30/30/35 Rem anything. Wouldn’t mind a 30/30 now for cast loads, someday…
When I was kid, everyone who was anyone (but me) had a 30-06 and the real big dogs had 7mm Magnums!
Only “magnum” I own is a 300wsm in a Browning A-bolt. I hate recoil and this gun kicks hard. It’s only been shot about 100 times since 2002.
No ultra magnums for me, be way too hard on my eyes and my 3 vertebrae fused neck.
Good to meet ya!