Originally Posted by Calvin
You really have to define “dying”.

If you are asking if 7-08 fans will continue using them, the answer is no, it’s not dying. If you are asking if the 7-08 will continue to be supported by rifle manufacturers, it’s debatable.
That!.

Originally Posted by Teal
It's not the easiest to find factor ammo for on the shelf.

Ammo companies make what sells and has high demand - right now, priority 1 is prob Creedmoor for machine time.

I think it will always have fans. I own and shoot one as my primary rifle. Love it. It's been nicknamed "The Death Star" because over the last 10 years, nothing escapes. I think total tracking distance on deer in that time has been 30 feet combined. Just an amazing cartridge that seems to kill above its paygrade.

That said - likely, were I buying new today without a rifle in the case - I'm probably solid in the 6.5 Creed because both rifles and ammo are plentiful.

IMO - it's not dying, it's not growing either and I find it to be amazing as a handloader. Definitely not looking to replace it and as I muse, below say 338/375 magnum - I don't see much need for anything else other than varmint 223. That is to say, if I need "more" than what I can do with a 7-08, I likely need quite a bit more and a 30-06/300WM ain't it chief. YMMV.
Good post, Teal... In this part of the country it's fairly popular, since average distance of shots (for say, deer) is under 100 yds..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!