Brad, you abandoned your 7/08(s) ? smile

Re: 7 vs CM, IF ammo companies loaded 'like quality' ammo, at same same prices, with quality bullets - both equally accurate....and top safe speeds.....THEN had the same variety of factory Rifles available for either, it would be interesting which folks would buy first.

I ran 6.5x55s nearly 30 years ago, 260s, CM, and x47 since, along with many 7/08s. All highly effective. No Flies on the 7/08, I ran 140s at 2960 in 21" 700 bbls and shot some very tight groups.......even a factory 700V that made SEVERAL consecutive 3 shot groups, 1/2" with 100......yes 100 gr Hornady HPs over Varget......in trash RP brass.........Oh.......at 200 yds. I never clocked them......but I would bet they were Hauling Azz.......they got downrange fast wink It would have put the hurt on coyotes.

Good thread.......when we consider that in 2022, we are talking about nigh ballistic twins of a round that was invented in 1891....

And it will STILL shoot right with......or best the 7-308 and the Creedmoor.

As to ammo availabiltiy, let's not forget, it may not be a supply issue, in the sense that it's not produced in substantial quantity (though no doubt the machines are spitting out plenty CM)...........but it may well be that there are plenty rifle owners using 7/08 that are buying up said ammo. Don't sweat it, flip a coin and pick one, you will do just fine.