Originally Posted by Windfall
The 7mm-08 is way more popular with the Campfire than it is with the big box store ammo buyers who can put the death knell on anything that isn't a .308, .223, 7.62x39 or a Creedmoor. After our deer season there was one box of 7mm-08 ammunition for sale locally and that was nothing that I was going to buy. I was at our local Fleet Farm last week in the ammo isle the clerk asked me if he could help me find something? Yes I said, 7mm-08 ammunition and told him that they hadn't had a box of that on the shelf in over two years. He said that it isn't as popular as a .308. Maybe not, but there was hundreds of pounds of .308's on the shelf and near nothing else.

Again, store manager pushing his own favorite cartridges on people. That guy and I would not get along very well. One guy here said his LGS had a bunch of it. In that locale, the 7mm-08 may be popular as hell and the store manager there is doing his due diligence to keep ammo on the shelves. Also, you say the "7mm-08 is way more popular with the campfire". That actually says a lot because there are a bunch of rifle lovers here. As JB says, "rifle loonies": We know what works and we know what works well. The 7mm08 is one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA